Image hosting by Photobucket

I thought it would be fun (after seeing another website) to take my Turtle around on adventures and take pictures of her. Yes, it's cheesy. Yes, it's been done before....but with a turtle? I think not!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Droop Mountain, WV

Yesterday, Ruth, Thomas, and I headed out on a circular tour of West Virginia. For them, the trip was to be a letterboxing frenzy--four boxes in one day. For me, it was all about the trip.

One part of the trip encompassed a visit to Droop Mountain, WV. Located along picturesque Route 219, we found some interesting items to observe there.

Located in a small, rustic cabin, the Droop Mountain museum contains relics and a brief history lesson on the battle that occurred there. And to the side, a small cemetery contains the graves of the soldiers that died there.
There was also a replica of a cannon on display for the public to view. Who'd have thought I'd fit in there?!? Of course, I should have known that there was an ulterior motive, as I suddenly went flying through the air to land, uncerimoniousely on my head. Thanks alot, Thomas!
After the visit to the cannon, we followed the signs to the lookout tower--perhaps the most awesome part of the visit!
And here's the view!
There's more to the travels than just Droop Mountain--but I'll write about those later. I still have a bit of a headache.


link | posted by ~ruthie at 8:00 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy commented at 7:52 AM~  

Wow - Shellby has been around lately! I like Sesame Street and the guy in the kilt best. LOL.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | based on a design by mela

|Graphics customized by Tee|