Image hosting by Photobucket

I thought it would be fun (after seeing another website) to take my Turtle around on adventures and take pictures of her. Yes, it's cheesy. Yes, it's been done before....but with a turtle? I think not!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Road to Cincinnati

Day 1: Friday

Left Virginia on a beautiful day around noon. As you can see, I'm still a little tired, but excited to be starting the trip.


Most of the trip was uneventful, but in Ohio, I saw these beautiful storm clouds, and snapped this picture to share them with you. They were probably part of the huge storm system that spawned some tornadic activity in the greater Cincinnati area.







It was a long day on the road, so when I finally got to the hotel, I decided to unwind with a little bit of TV.









Day 2: Saturday

Slept late today, and headed out to the CinciClassic gaming convention at the Fairfield Convention Center.

There were alot more people there than I thought there would be. This is an arial view of the place, full of all kinds of geek..I mean, gaming enthusiasts. Craig did a stellar job of co-organizing this event.

That afternoon, I went in search of the big Jesus. First thing I did was try to find it in the atlas. Ahh! There it is, just north of Cincinnati, next door to the huge flea market!

Here I am in front of the World's Largest Half-Jesus!

After road-tripping around the area, I was STARVED. My companions and I ended up at the Spinning Fork. Here, I peruse the menu and try to decide between vegetarian and meat entrees.

Even though I'm still technically underage, JoDee gives me a sip of her wine. Just don't tell anyone...

Day 3: Sunday

Before leaving Cincinnati, I convince everyone that we should go to Jungle Jims grocery store. Apparently, we weren't supossed to take pictures inside the store, but I didn't know that until we went to leave. So, enjoy probably some of the ONLY pictures in existence of this sacred haven of grocerydome.
This is the singing Elvis Ape. He puts on a show every 5 minutes. If you can't tell, I'm on the gumball dispenser.

Overhead, a giant Campbells soup can swings from the ceiling. Slightly disturbing...I totally didn't understand the hanging cheese bit--I just hope it wasn't depresed!

Before heading out of town, I stop and fill up the tank. I'm such a good travel partner!

All in all, a great trip for all involved. I look forward to going again next year!


link | posted by ~ruthie at 3:59 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger Tee/Tracy commented at 9:35 AM~  

I loved it Ruthie! The cloud picture is beautiful. The best pic of Shellby is with the map.

I have never been to Jungle Jims. What kind of weirdo store is that?! LOL.

The half Jesus is awesome! ... Can't wait for more trips!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | based on a design by mela

|Graphics customized by Tee|