Image hosting by Photobucket

I thought it would be fun (after seeing another website) to take my Turtle around on adventures and take pictures of her. Yes, it's cheesy. Yes, it's been done before....but with a turtle? I think not!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Saturday, July 14, 2007

In celebration of the release of the long awaited Simpsons' movie this month, 7-11 has taken the opportunity to bring the Kwik-E-Mart to the masses by changing 12 of their stores into the veritable Springfield (state unknown) icon. One of these stores is located in Bladensburg, Maryland--and I went with camera in tow to show all of my readers what a real Kwik-E-Mart looks like.

The transformation begins on the outside, where the sign now trumpets KWIK-E-MART to the world at large.


The store has moved from their traditional red building to a bright yellow facade. As you may see, Marge is walking down the side, Comic book man is loitering to the other, and Milhouse and Bart have somehow made it onto the roof. Go figure. When I was a kid, I never hung out on the roof of the Kwik-E-Mart (er..7-11, I mean). Sure, NOW it seems like I get myself into some daring positions, perched precariously on top of numerous objects, but hey, I'm an adult and can get away with that kind of stuff.
Inside, the change to Kwik-E-Mart to 7-11 is more subtle--the main concession being the boxes and boxes of Krusty-O's and Buzz cola cluttering the aisles.
Here, Ruth and I pose with the veritable Apu. He seems like a jolly nice fellow to know, doesn't he?

Thomas thinks its amusing to give Homer bunny ears.

Somehow, Maggie got herself on top of the ice chest. That girl is ALWAYS scaling some insurmountable obstacle.
And look--the old geezer guy is stuck in the freezer again! And I thought that only happened in the opening credits!

Here, Ruth hams it up with Chief Wiggum--Ralphie was hanging out by the register.




If you get the urge for a Squishee, head on out to the Kwik-E-Mart, located at:

4199 Kenilworth Avenue
Bladensburg, MD 20710




link | posted by ~ruthie at 8:23 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy commented at 4:09 PM~  

Duh! I'm a dork - I really thought they were now making Kwik-E-Marts and that they bought out 7-11. ROFLMAO. This is for The Simpsons movie, huh?

Geez.

You look totally cute in the pic!

Blogger Tracy commented at 4:11 PM~  

Make that - you look totally cute in the picSSSSSS - plural. (Though I like the one with the policeman best)

And my first look at Thomas! Looks like a great guy, too :)

Sorry if this is incoherent. Children are talking. LOL.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | based on a design by mela

|Graphics customized by Tee|